2016-present, London School of Economics: Assistant Professor
2012-2017, University of Toronto: PhD in Philosophy; Committee: Sergio Tenenbaum (advisor), Joseph Heath, Julia Nefsky, and Jonathan Weisberg; Passed without corrections in March 2017, awarded the Governor General’s Gold Medal in May 2017, and the David Savan Dissertation Prize in 2018. Read my dissertation here.
2017, London School of Economics: Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (Associate Level)
2016, Stanford University: Visiting PhD Student (January-March)
2013, 2014, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München: Visiting PhD Student at the Munich Centre for Mathematical Philosophy (April-August)
2010-2012, Erasmus University Rotterdam: Research Master in Philosophy and Economics at the Erasmus Institute for Philosophy and Economics (EIPE) – Cum Laude
2007-2010, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford University: BA (Hons) in Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) – 1st Class Honours
- “Instrumental Rationality Without Separability”, Erkenntnis, forthcoming.
- “Risk Aversion and the Long Run”, Ethics, forthcoming.
- “Temptation and Preference-Based Instrumental Rationality”, in José Bermudez (ed.), Self-Control, Decision Theory, and Rationality, Cambridge University Press, in press.
- “Decision Theory”, contribution to The Open Handbook of Formal Epistemology, edited by Richard Pettigrew and Jonathan Weisberg, forthcoming.
- “Risk Writ Large” (with Jonathan Weisberg), Philosophical Studies 174 (9), pp. 2369–2384, 2017.
- “On the Hidden Thought Experiments of Economic Theory”, in Philosophy of the Social Sciences 46(2), pp. 129–146, 2016.
- “Bargaining and the Impartiality of the Social Contract”, in Philosophical Studies 172 (12), pp. 3335-3355, 2015.
- “The Epistemic Division of Labor Revisited”, in Philosophy of Science 82 (3), pp. 454-472, 2015.
- “Economics Rules, Dani Rodrik, W. W. Norton & Company, 2015, xv + 253 pages.” Economics&Philosophy 34 (1), pp. 127-133, 2018. Penultimate version here.
- “Jarvie and Zamora-Bonilla. The SAGE Handbook of the Philosophy of Social Sciences” in Theoria 29 (2), pp. 311-315, 2014.
- “Van Bouwel. The Social Sciences and Democracy” in Theoria 27 (2), pp. 247-251, 2012.
- Excellence in Education Award, London School of Economics (2018)
- David Savan Dissertation Prize for the best philosophy dissertation at the University of Toronto (2018)
- Governor General’s Gold Medal for the best graduate student across the humanities and social sciences at the University of Toronto (2017)
- Connaught International Excellence Scholarship at the University of Toronto (2012-2017)
- Martha Lile Love Essay Award for the best graduate course paper, University of Toronto Philosophy Department, for “Temptation, Regret, and Risk-Taking” (2014)
- Research award from the University of Toronto’s Germany/Europe Fund (2014)
- Prof. Bruinsprijs at Erasmus University for the best research master student across all faculties (2012)
- Huygens Scholarship to study in the Netherlands, through the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education (2011-2012)
- Fellowship with the German Academic Foundation/Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes (2008-2012)
- Special Awards: Study Abroad Scholarship (2010-2012), BCG Ambassador Scholarship (2008-2010)
- College Scholarship at Lady Margaret Hall (2009-2010)
- Gavin Cameron Prize in Economics at Lady Margaret Hall (2008)
Service to the Profession:
Book Reviews Editor, Economics&Philosophy (since January 2018)
Refereeing for: Analysis; Australasian Journal of Philosophy; British Journal for Philosophy of Science; Diametrus; Economics Letters; Economic Thought; Erasmus Journal for Philosophy and Economics; Ergo; Erkenntnis; International Studies in the Philosophy of Science; Journal of Applied Logic; Journal of Practical Ethics; Journal of Value Inquiry; Noûs; Philosophical Papers; Philosophical Quarterly; Philosophical Studies; Philosophy of Science; Synthese; Utilitas; Bloomsbury Publishing; Agent-Based Models in Philosophy: Prospects and Limitations Conference; British Society for Philosophy of Science Annual Conference; Formal Ethics Conference; Saint Louis Conference for Reasons and Rationality.